This is such a great casserole. The Professor likes it and so I make it every 3 weeks or so. You can use any vegetable other then green beans and I use what I have in the freezer.
On the Farm Amish Casserole
- 8 ounces butter noodles
- 2 cups
- 2 cups chicken broth (canned is okay)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, frozen or fresh
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook noodles as directed on package.
4. Gradually add milk and broth, then seasonings and mushrooms.
5. Combine chicken, cooked noodles, and prepared sauce.