This was excellent. I used the blueberry pie filling and the Professor really enjoyed it too!
Dee's Cherry Cobbler
8x8 pan, 400-425* oven, 30-40 min.
1. Open can of favourite pie filling-We like Wilderness' 'More Fruit'
Cherry variety if I can't find Blackberry pie filling already in the
can. (Don't use the blackberry fruit that you have to thicken yourself
and add things to to make a pie filling, not the same). Apple just isn't
our favourite for this one, but you may like it.
2. Dump filling into 8x8 'naked' pan, no need to grease and flour or oil
3. Add 1 Tbsp lemon juice to the filling, right in the pan, fresh is
preferred, but ReaLemon works just as well. Mix with pie filling. Don't
skip on this, as the lemon takes away that really 'sweet' taste of the
cherry filling and just perks up that blackberry sooo nicely.
4. Sprinkle 1 - 9 oz. pkg Jiffy white cake mix over fruit.
5. Pour 1/2-1 cup melted butter over cake mix. Margarine is not good for
this one and btw, did you know that margarine is one molecule away from
being a plastic???
I know what is in butter, t.y.,v.m.
6. Bake at 425* for about 1/2 hour or until the topping is a golden
brown. I play with it and my oven, and my recipe originally said to bake
at 400* for 40 min. So found that upping the temp and decreasing the
time would work also. The key is to get that crust on top to be a good,
rich-crispy golden-brown. (As you would for biscuits.)
Notes (not mine): I like it with vanilla ice cream on it while warm, but man, is it ever
good at room temp., plain. That crust is nice and crispy and soooooo
good. You will find yourself in front of it with a spoon in between
meals, Oh, am 'I' the only one that does that???? [O:)] [:|] Cait, night owl stitchers
Smothered Chicken and Rice
5 hours ago