Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Grandma Baldwin's Mayonnaise Cake

I don't have a picture of this but this is the best cake!  Moist and dense but doesn't rise well.  I took this for a birthday party at work and it got rave reviews.  I used my own chocolate butter cream icing rather then the Pudding Frosting recipe that came with it.  This is from the web site Just a Pinch.  I want to make this again this weekend for Memorial Day.

2 cups all purpose flour
½ cup baking cocoa (powdered)
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup mayonnaise
1½ cups cold water

Mix all the cake ingredients together in a bowl.  Beat for 3 minutes.  Pour into a well greased and floured cake pan.  Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Let it cool and then frost.


No comments:

Post a Comment