Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Snicker Cookies

This recipe is from a cookbook I have "Amish Cooking" ©1995.  I love Snickerdoodles and when comparing it to the Snickerdoodle recipes it is exactly what I made.  These are wonderful cookies and don't spread a lot on the cookie sheet.  The recipe didn't call for a greased baking sheet, so I didn't grease it and the cookies came up fine with a pancake turner.  I ended up with 4 dozen cookies. I will definitely make these again.

Snickers

½ cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening (I used the butter flavor, 'cause that is what I had on hand)
2 eggs
2¾ cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cream of tarter
¼ tsp. salt

Mix well. Chill dough overnight, form into balls. Mix ½ cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.  Roll balls in the mixture and bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment