Sunday, October 16, 2011

Amish Sugar Cookies


Amish Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup confectioners/icing sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla (I use more and a couple drops almond too.)
4½ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar

Combine butter, oil and sugars and mix well. Add eggs, beat one minute till well blended...add vanilla and beat well. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar and add to creamed mixture, mixing well.

Drop by small teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Makes 5 dozen.
Lilac Thicket Notes:  I didn't have any almond extract so I used 1½ tsp of vanilla extract.  These cookies do not spread a lot during baking. I used an Air Bake cookie pan, I would have liked them slightly browned, I will use a different sheet next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment